Thursday, September 3, 2015

From city to rural

Hey you,
       So anyone who knows me, knows that I was born and raised in L.A.  Daughter of a couple of hard working Mexican Immigrants, turned citizens (no.. no.. not the kind that Donald Trump refers to in his stereotypical shenanigans ; we'll leave that conversation for a completely separate post). Back to the reason for my current dramatic post. I've lived in the greater Los Angeles area for 30 something years, since I was born to be specific...you do the math. There are certain dangers you have to get used to no matter where you live, those dangers depend on where it is you live. In the city those dangers included speeding cars, purse snatchers, rapist and home invasions. These were a couple of things that always had my guards up, unconsciously. My little family of 5 and I would go camping once a year, when permitted. I always thought roughing it was sleeping in a tent getting attacked by annoying mosquitos and having to walk across a long tree filled field to use the restroom in the middle of the night. Never really worrying about mountain lions, bob cats or bears. Boy was my idea of nature and roughing it really wrong. So when my Jose (my awesome husband), said we should move to the beautiful mountains of Los Padres National Forest... I thought why not? Why not?... Why not? I'll tell you why not.... on my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment